Well, we are 4 months into our journey here in Haiti. Some things are beginning to seem familiar, some are going to take a little longer….
I thought I would share a few milestones with you.
1. We are officially finished with our formal language lessons. We completed 25 lessons from the Lets speak Creole book! We are not by any means fluent, but have made a lot of progress! Now, we need to continue to speak as much creole with Haitians as we possibly can every day.
2. Scott has given me approval to drive on my own! I passed his driving course and have made 2 trips to town on my own! 4 months ago, I truly thought I would NEVER drive in Haiti.
3. We have not found a tarantula in our house!
4. The Walder family has arrived! We are so thankful to have them living in the apartment below us.
5. My parents are visiting Friday!
Thank you for your prayers, we could not do this on our own strength! God has been so faithful.
Here are a few pictures from everyday life here.
This is a picture of the market I frequently shop at.